Monday, January 2, 2012

Recipe Rundown: Zucchini "Fries"

So I mentioned yesterday about my awesome California Chicken Melt success. Well, by popular demand (and by "popular" I mean "my husband") I made them yet again tonight for dinner. This time I paired them with my famous Zucchini "Fries" recipe. (And actually documented it! With pictures!)

Oven-baked Zucchini "Fries"

Ingredients:
-2 medium zucchinis, peeled
-2 egg whites
-1 C seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
-1/2 C seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
-2 T all-purpose flour


1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Slice zucchini into evenly sized wedges:


 2. Place wedges in a large sealable bag. Add 2 T flour, seal, and shake to evenly coat zucchini pieces:

3. Meanwhile, beat two egg whites in a bowl until frothy. In a separate bowl, combine the two types of breadcrumbs:

4. Dip each fry in egg whites until coated, then dredge in breadcrumbs:




5. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through cooking. (I like to put them under the broiler for the last minute or two just to get them extra crispy.) Serve immediately.

Get saucy: This fries are delicious with just about any kind of dipping sauce. Personally, I like them with honey mustard dressing or my 'special' buffalo ranch sauce (which is just 2 T ranch dressing mixed with 1 T buffalo sauce. I exclusively use Crystal Wing Sauce. If you're not a fan of spice, might want to cut back the buffalo sauce to 1/2 T or less.)

I promise, once you try these oven-baked wonders, you'll never want another greasy, deep-fried potato again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment